Institutional // Associate members and goals
Created in 1972 as “Asociación de Bancos Argentinos” (Association of Argentine Banks), ADEBA was refounded in April 2003 as an association of Argentine-capital banks on the initiative of local banks, with the understanding that a modern and vigorous banking system constitutes an essential factor for the implementation of a growth strategy.
Our mission is to promote the sustainable development of the country, and of the Argentine banking system through financial inclusion, within a context of competition on an equal footing, and in compliance with good practices.
Sustainable development of the country and the Argentine banking system
- Supporting the development of Argentina as ADEBA’s primary goal.
- Increasing the level of financial inclusion in the country.
- Reasonable and efficient management of financial institutions.
- Additional first-rate financial services for individuals and businesses.
- Better job opportunities for bank employees and workers.
- Adequate returns for shareholders.
- Providing financial services to unbanked sectors.
Competition on an equal footing
- Competition among the different banks and other financial service providers
- Comparable financial services should receive the same regulatory and tax treatment, regardless of the provider’s characteristics.
- Adopting international standards and good practices in the management of institutions.
- An open and honest relationship with regulatory authorities and supervisors.
- Integration into the international financial system.